Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family Home Evening: Pizza and a happy family




It's been a hard month at our house. We have had a lot of different experiences that have really left an impression on me and reminded me how important teaching my children is. We have Family Home Evening every Monday night but lately they have been kind of lame and last minute. Both of us have a renewed desire to make sure our Family Home Evenings are more thought out.




Last week we had some friends over for homemade pizza and we had quite a bit of pizza dough left over so I stole an idea off of my friend and adapted it.




We talked about all the things that make a happy family and each ingredient represented a different quality of a happy family. The last part of our pizza was cooking it in the oven, which we compared to trials that our family might have to go through. We taught the boys that the trials we go through will help us be a stronger family and that the ingredients we already put on our pizza (service, love, a home, etc.) would help us through those trials.

1 comment:

Cali said...

I'm sorry that so much has happened this month for you and your family. You are so strong. Thank you for your example of love and faith, and for your gospel perspective. You strengthen me in more ways than you know.

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful evening together as a family. Oh, you are amazing.